First Reading: When will my decks arrive?

>> Monday, April 25, 2011

Having finished reading Sylvie Steinbach's book The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (which I found very fascinating and exciting), I tried my hand at using her No-Layout system. I was interested in her timing system in particular and decided to test it using a simple question:

When will the Lenormand decks I ordered from Book Depository arrive?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I ordered the Blue Owl and Dondorf decks from The Book Depository last Wednesday and I was anxious to know when (and if) they'll arrive given the usual slow and flaky postal service in my country. So far I've had a positive experience with Book Depository as the tarot deck and book I ordered from them arrived last week (after more than 3 weeks).

I wasn't sure what card to "charge" to signify my Lenormand decks and after perusing the forum which suggested the Star for "computer" I decided to charge that card. These are what I drew:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
scythe - stork - STAR - letters - book - cross

Stork + Star could mean my desire for the decks to be delivered soon. However I'm not sure what to make of scythe. Scythe + Stork could mean quickness and speed. These precede the charged STAR so they relate to my current desire.

Letters + Book could mean a surprise message. Will there be something unexpected happening to my decks!? Will I receive an email from Book Depository? Letters and Book don't give me any reference for a time frame so I drew another card, Cross for clarification. However this muddled me up (and worried me) further because I am now led to think that the surprise message could be worrying.

The cards still haven't answered my question of WHEN so I drew more cards, this time modifying my question to be more specific:

Will my Lenormand Decks be delivered within a month?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Crossroads - Woman - STORK - Clouds - Anchor

This time I changed my charged card to Stork to signify the delivery, not the decks. A stork makes more sense to me in terms of delivering things (or a baby!) hehe.

This time I received definite cards to signify time frames, Clouds + Anchor. Clouds could signify either June or Gemini time (May 21 - June 21). The Anchor tells me I would have to be patient and wait for a long time but that my order should arrive eventually.

The presence of the Clouds (uncertainty) bothered me so I took out my trusty tarot cards and consulted them with a simple YES-NO question. Will it arrive in June? The answer was NO. Will it arrive in May? The answer was a positive YES.

So I deduce that my ordered decks from The Book Depository should arrive in late May. It's interesting to see how this pans out. I'll find out in a month :)

UPDATE:  On May 19, my Mom told me 2 packages had arrived the previous week. I thought 'Oh, it's my Lenny decks. So my prediction wasn't that accurate but close enough.' When I got home and saw the 2 packages, one was the Dondorf deck (which arrived May 19) and the other one was the Victorian Flower Oracle (arrived a week earlier). This despite having ordered the VFO one week after the Lenny decks. It came much earlier than expected. So now I was missing the Blue Owl deck but decided not to be too worried and trust that the deck would arrive between May 21-June 21. And guess what, the Blue Owl deck did arrive in the first week of June although I only got my hands on it yesterday (June 11). It took well over a month before it arrived, which is much longer than usual. Probably because the cards came all the way from Germany. Still, I'm glad the Lenormand prevented me from undue worry.

4 comments:

Helen April 25, 2011 at 7:53 AM  

Hi marimorimo!

I would use Letter to represent mail or Book to represent a deck of cards. Timing is very tricky and I prefer to build it into the question and look for a Yes or No answer. Clouds+Anchor is a pretty cool answer to get here though as it gives you a Yes answer (Anchor) and a timeframe (Clouds=May/June).

marimorimo April 25, 2011 at 8:18 AM  

Hello Helen, thanks for visiting :)

I initially thought of using Mail or Book but as all this is new to me I second-guessed myself and used Star instead. Good thing my wild idea of using Stork seemed to have worked.

I didn't realize Anchor was a YES answer or else I wouldn't have double-checked with the Tarot. But yeah, I thought the Clouds+Anchor was pretty cool. I nearly fell off my seat when I checked the book for the time frame. I didn't expect it to be so specific!

Helen April 25, 2011 at 9:19 AM  

The ship drops its anchor when it reaches its destination. :)

marimorimo April 25, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

Oooh... I see (*O*) Thank you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP